Monday 18 February 2013

My Birthday Outfit: Feathers And Lace ❤


"I am a free spirit either admire me from the ground of fly with me, but don’t ever try to cage me." -  Anonymous 

Hello Fashionista's!

I wanted to do a special blogpost to share the outfit I wore on my birthday this past weekend.  I am in LOVE with feathers and was searching for the perfect dress that incorporates feathers in a classy (not tacky) way.

When I saw this lace and feather dress featured on ASOS I fell instantly in love with it (ok well maybe just a little obsessed!).

ASOS Feather Dress: This evening dress is made by the ASOS Collection. The details include: a sheer lace top with long sleeves, fitted satin bodice, high waist, full, feathered skirt with an iridescent finish, and a buttoned keyhole with concealed zip fastening to the reverse.

ABOUT THE ASOS COLLECTION:  Directional, exciting and diverse, the ASOS Collection makes and breaks the fashion rules. Scouring the globe for inspiration, the London based Design Team is inspired by fashion’s most covetable trends; providing you with a cutting edge wardrobe season upon season.

ASOS Website: http://www.asos.com/





















































































For jewellery I kept it trendy and chic and went with this 18-karat gold plated triangle ring that was gifted to me by an amazing Canadian Designer, Gloria Lee, from her fashion label Tissh.  

I had the privilege of modelling for Gloria's Fashion Show the same day as my birthday party. A blogpost on that event will be posted soon! 

How COOL is this?!?! 

Kourtney Kardashian joined Scott Disick as he celebrated his birthday in Las Vegas this past May 2013, and wore the SAME feather dress I rocked for my own birthday back in February 2013!

Birthday Hair & Make-up - LeSonne Bridals

I was lucky enough to be glammed up by one of my very close and extremely talented friends - Ruchika Verma, Owner of Lesonne Bridals based out of Toronto.

Ruchika has this natural ability to take the vision of what you want to look like and make it into reality. She ALWAYS makes me feel so glamorous and confident each and every time I walk out of her salon.

For my birthday look I wanted to keep my make-up neutral and chic and for my hair I went with big loose flowy curls.  You might have noticed from my previous blog posts the longer and bigger my hair is the happier I am! 











Lesonne Bridals Website: http://www.lesonne.com/
Lesonne Bridals Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/LeSonne?fref=ts

Here are some of my all time favorite high fashion feather looks: 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment