Tuesday 29 October 2013

Halloween Costume Ideas - Nerd Alert!!


Who ever said nerds couldn’t be fashionable too?!?!

A few Halloween’s ago I decided to dress up as a stylish nerd channeling my inner geek chic for a United Way Halloween costume contest and the best part is - I WON!

I thought I would do a quick post and share this costume idea for my reader’s.

All of these items were already in my closet, aside from the checkered knee-high socks which I purchased from a local Halloween store.


Inspirational Ideas to Achieve That Nerdy Look: 

  
Where to Purchase: Halloween Store vs. Value Village 
1) Your Local Halloween Store:  Personally I think the full nerdy costumes online and in the Halloween stores are a bit pricey.  However, I would purchase the nerdy accessories (suspenders, nerd glasses, knee-high socks) from there, as they are reasonably priced and offer a variety of some pretty funky prints and designs to choose from.   

Party City (Canadian Store) link to some nerdy costumes and accessories: http://www.partycity.ca/search.do?query=nerd

2) Value Village and/or Thrift Shop:  Since I've included some inspirational "nerdy" ensembles above, I am confident you can create any one of those looks yourself for just under $20 from your local Value Village and/or thrift shop.  I would suggest searching your wardrobe first and see what additional items you need to complete the look.  You'll be surprised at some of the items you forget you had that could work well for this costume idea.  





No comments:

Post a Comment